Saturday 20 September 2008

reformasi days - thriving on sabri zain's postings

The name Sabri Zain cropped out now after almost a decade of absence. The name brings back fond memory. I thrived on his postings. (Of course RPK's articles also, appearing in Harakah then, but to day is about Sabri Zain).

I was just about to make it as a businessman. Then Mahathir committed the worst of traversty. I had to leave my partnership to my partner to run as I could not earn an income in my own company. I opted for a teaching job to support a wife and four growing sons. I found solace in a Reformasi Movement, albeit underground.

Sabri Zain's "eyewitness accounts" gave me the strength to hang on. It was a long ten years of "hanging-ons".

Reading RPK's Malaysia Today, Din Merican, Haris Ibrahim, Anil Netto, Susan Loone and a host of other "cyber warriors" now gives me the goosebumps.

And now they are rounding up bloggers and "cyber warriors" undur Sedition Act and the Internal Security Act (ISA).

Here I am Sabri Zain and other cyber warriors, in your footsteps, taking "arms" for another decade of struggle? I can't just be another bystander craving for comfort of words from all of you.

troubadour

No comments: